Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Aug 26, 2005

Bed Rest before Rishu - June -Aug,2005

I was on bed-rest from 22nd to 35th week in the hospital and was only too glad to be home after that. It was totally unexpected. And we did not even tell our parents as we did not want them to worry unnecessarily.

I cannot even imagine how i managed to maintain my sanity. I truly missed people to talk. The nurses were good but busy and all my friends were busy in their own routine. But we were blessed with a lot of good food from friends. Ravi managed to cook whatever I felt like eating and would even run out to buy idlis for me for breakfast from an Indian lady near the hospital.

Luckily near the hospital there was shop that sold Indian subzis and I would call her in the morn and she would cook some fresh sabzis. It was a blessing that R's office was very close to the hospital. So on a lunch break he was able to collect the food and come and have lunch with me in the hospital. I would so look forward to his coming as sometimes he would go home previous night and come back only that afternoon and i would not have had anyone to talk to. A few nights is okay but even for the most reserved person it is not very easily sustainable. But the hospital was very convenient,Ravi was very caring - there is nothing that I should really crib about.

I used to pray a lot that I should have a full-term baby and I did !
some days I used to feel the day dragging and I used to cross the daily calendar - 4 times with one-quarter of a cross for every 6 hours that went by. And after 35 weeks was too happy to be back home and back in action !

No comments:

Post a Comment